Sunday, August 10, 2008

Time flys by....


Pickles, Pickles and more Pickles
Pickles Galore!

Where do all those summer days go? I can't believe that some children go back to school in as little as a week. Some will go back a little later, but I still think they need to start after Labor Day.

And how was your summer? Mine was short.... I did alot and accomplished nothing, or so it seems. i did wood working projects, attended fairs, canned and pickled fruits and vegetables, maintained the gardens and mowed grass. I played with the dogs, and raised some more chicks. Now I am in a panic because all the things I wanted to do...didn't get done. There is the basement to clean and all the stuff left in my son Chris' room that he left when he moved into his house, the living room needs to be painted and the floors need to be sanded. And not to mention the bathroom needs a complete remodel. And I am out of time.


So today I made a mad dash through the fruit cellar and cleaned that, and on my way I through a few load s of laundry in, then I stopped along the way to organize all the canned goods I just put up. I felt like I was running on a treadmill and getting nowhere! I must have gone up and down the stairs 100 times. I think that will count for my exercise for today.






Tomorrow is another day, lets see how much I get done!

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I think you're crazy because I cannot believe how much you have gotten done this summer! The canning alone must of taken so much time, but must be so satisfying to have it all finished now. Fantastic!

ChickenGal said...

Just to let you know I just returned from the Homerville Auction with 12 pecks tomatoes, 5 pecks beets and 4 pecks onions, not to mention the 1/2 bushel of zucchini! Guess what I am doing Tuesday?

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Isn't that produce auction the best place?! My husband is the chef in our family and he loves to go there to find all the ingredients he needs to make his homemade salsa that he cans. So yummy!

You are going to be one busy little Chickengal! :)