Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fair Week



Ellie Siedel with Duchess and Johnny
Grand Champion Heifer and Bull calf


Mick helping with the grooming

Well, it is fair week and I am kind of sad. The boys are all grown and we don't have any animals to take to the fair to be shown, boohoo! Just kidding.....I'm glad we are in the slow down phase and we don't have to participate in fair week.

But we did attend some of the fair activities. The Sheep Show, and the Cattle Show for the
4-Hers. Awards were won and ribbons are displayed. We even survived the rain.

Alison with her sheep

I looked at my blog today and realized that I haven't posted a comment in 2 weeks. I guess I was just busy. I was canning pickles, and doing some other things and I guess I just didn't have time to sit down and type. I am still walking and going to exercise at the pool.

And I did walk all over the fairgrounds Monday and Wednesday. Does that make up for the corn dog and lemonade and the slushy?

I'll be there on Saturday for the livestock auction. We need some pork for the freezer!

3 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

We haven't made it to the fair yet...I'm missing the yummy fair fries though!

Yeah for the excercising you're still doing. Way to go!

ChickenGal said...

Take the biggest bilfold you can find.....everything has really gone up in price and serving sizes have gone down.$3 for my favorite, hot dog on a stick. I can buy a whole package for that! But it tastes better when it is at the fair, surrounded by all those incredible smells!

Drew said...

I was there on Monday also. My son's favorite part was the train display the 4-H kids had up. We didn't stay long because it was so hot! If you did a lot of walking on Monday, you probably did make up for any food you ate! :)