Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thanks to Dad and Mom!

I reminded my Dad today to check out my blog. He has just gotten High Speed Internet, and is navigating his way around. He was reading my blog, and commented that he didn't think he was mentioned enough when I described my chicken coop building projects. While I did acknowledge his help with the projects, perhaps I didn't say enough about Dad and his help. My Dad is an ANGEL! He has helped me with more cockamamie projects than you can shake a stick at. From waterlines to chicken coops, he is versatile! I can call him anytime and he comes right over. We called him this week on the eve of the 4th of July Holiday and he came to the rescue and installed the ice maker in Tiffany's fridge, even though he had some other pans on the fire, so to speak. He lives about 13 miles from me and he is more than willing to come and help any time. He can fix just about anything and figure stuff out that you can't even imagine. I can call him and if he is available he can come to help or being the stubborn one and I want to do it myself, he will give me directions and advice over the phone. Recently I called him for advice on a bathroom sink faucet installation. I was having a little trouble getting the water connection tight enough. He said that sometimes you have to crank down on the fitting a little harder than you expected, but if I gave him a minute, he would be right over. I told Dad I would love to have him come and help me, but I was in Florida, on vacation making the repair, not at home. We laughed quite a bit about that, but I told him the plane leaves from Cleveland several times a day and he could be in Florida in about 4 hours and I would love to have him come down.
Here is Dad, who we lovingly call Poppy, and my mom, who we call Nana. She has always been a big help to me too! We love to go to on adventures and to lunch together as often as we can.
So here's to you Dad and Mom! Thanks for all you do for me and the boys and Tiff! We Love You very much!

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Now we know where your ingenuity came from! This was a neat story to read about your dad and mom. :)