Monday, July 14, 2008

Exercise

Dave had an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic to start Cardiac Rehab. If you know Dave, there is no time in his life to add anything else. But he has to do this. He has to exercise 20 minutes a day and increase it by 10 minutes over the next few months. Well in a effort to encourage him, I told him I would do the same amount he had to do, and if he wanted, do it with him when we can. Today we were up at 5am as usual, and Dave left at 6am for work, no exercise. So I gathered up the dogs and headed to Plum Creek Park. The sun was just peeking through the trees and there was still a mist in the air, but we did 2 rounds around the path, one downhill and one uphill. It took us exactly 30 minutes. I forgot the camera and there were some nice shots. I went back home and changed into my swimsuit and picked up my friend Gail and we headed to the Community Pool and did our water exercises for about 75 minutes. So I did my time today. Now if I can keep up the momentum I will be happy. I decided to add a chart to my blog so that I can keep track of the days I walk. My goal is 60 days, after that I can add more. I will still go to the pool twice aweek and Yoga once a week. Let's hope Dave can keep up with me. Just a note...it is 10pm, Dave still isn't home and I don't think he got his 30 minutes in!

4 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Way to go with your new excercise goal! I love your new ticker at the top of your blog too. :)

Jen Martin said...

If you ever need a walking buddy, let me know. It's a good excuse to visit the park!

Drew said...

Good for you for getting started on your own. Hopefully your husband can join you as much as possible in the future. I look forward to seeing your progress.

ChickenGal said...

Well he was home once this week before dark and we managed to walk for 30 minutes down the street and back. haven't seen much oh him since then! Hay is still being cut!