Monday, October 20, 2008

The Yellow Bedroom

The Yellow Bedroom. The room is finally livable, the painting is done, the blinds are hung, and the bedding is on the bed. Tiffany and Jen helped me put some finishing touches on the walls. It is a product called Tatoauge. It comes in sheets and you can cut it to fit your area and you rub it on the wall with a tongue depressor, pull off the top sheet and it looks like you hand painted the wall.







I love the way the bed frame turned out, Mick did a great job. The bedding is OK, not what I wanted at first, but one that fit my budget. I still need too work an a few more throw pillows.










I am going to stick with the blinds for now, I like the Tatouage over the corner of the window, so I don't think I will do any other kind of window treatment, unless I see something that really sticks out.





























But I love the way the floors came out. They really are beautiful. And yes that is a milk can that I used for the base of the table on the left. I have one more piece that I am working on. I have an old pedal sewing machine stand, minus the machine, that I am painting white. I think I will use it for a TV stand.

4 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

I love it...where did you find Tatouage ?

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It's beautiful...the whole entire room! But I especially love the floors...wow!

Angie

ChickenGal said...

on Line at Tatoauge.com

Debbie said...

I'm coming to stay in your yellow room. It's beautiful and I love the warmth and coziness. The milk jug rocks! I'm also going to check out the Tatoauge. I have never heard of it and I wanna do it too!

Great job!