Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Back........


On November 20th, we left the cold and snow of Medina
for warmer temperatures. Our adventure took us through
6 states in 12 days and 1800 miles later we made it home.


We stayed at the Beach houses in North Carolina.
Dawn and Joanne always cooked up a feast. Lauri looks on at all the food.
Friends from Georgia, and South Carolina joined us for Thanksgiving.


Dave and Chris enjoyed the beach and the sunshine and the
opportunity to rest.


Dave made a new friend when we visited old friends in
Albemarle, NC


Dinner with old friends was great. Cindy and I began our
friendship in 1974 as Pen Pals.


The sunsets over the sound were spectacular.


Lauri and Tiffany met some old friends on
Ocracoke Island.

Dave and I enjoyed the sun and the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
Thank goodness it was closed for climbing for the season!

The weather was perfect for flip flops!


The waves were perfect for surfing!


When we first looked out into the ocean, we thought these were seals,
until they stood up and rode their boards!

Yes, this house really exists. The movie "Nights in Rodanthe", written by
Nicholas Sparks, was filmed in Rodanthe, where the beach houses are.
The house is located at the end of the road. It is abandoned because it is
slowly being washed into the ocean. It looked much nicer in the film.
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is the most famous lighthouse
on the island.
Ocracoke Lighthouse is less famous, but watches
over the island that Blackbeard the Pirate was known
to hide out near.

When we weren't relaxing or sightseeing,or eating, we went "junking"
for used car parts. This is one of Dave's hobbies.
We went to several junk yards, excuse me, auto recyclers,
looking for replacement parts for the farm trucks. We found
2 fenders and a door!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Can you believe I've lived in NC almost all my life and have NEVER been to that part of the coast? I'm drooling over the pictures. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! Lots of road travel! Oh my goodness. Glad you all stayed safe.

I'm sorry I haven't visited! I'm adding you to google reader so I won't miss a post :)

Great idea about the tree and putting a sheet over it! Smart DIL!

Jen Martin said...

Welcome home!! I'm glad that you had a nice time. Medina weather was not as nice as what you had, but not so bad either.

I've missed chatting with you! Thanks for posting all the great pics! :-)

Cindi said...

It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! Thanks for posting such great pictures. I've always wanted to see a light house!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I can't believe I missed this post! It looks like you had a wonderful trip Berni...and getting to see your pen pal again must have been fantastic. Welcome back home to this *lovely* weather we've been having.