Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter Ice Fog

At 5:00 this morning I let the dogs out. There was a fog in the air. They call it Ice Fog.
By definition it is only seen in extremely cold Arctic air. Well it was only 6 degrees this morning. I think that is Arctic enough. Some how ice crystals hang in the air and they seem to deposit themselves on everything. It reminds me of little feathers sticking up off the branches.

The trees were covered by the time the sun came up, and they just glistened. I couldn't take enough pictures. I also realized, I really need a better camera to take some of these shots.

The crystals were on everything and they stuck out only on one side of the item they were attached to.





Except for on the barbed wire, the ice crystals seemed to go all the way around it.



I think this was the coolest picture I took today.
Every bit of the wind chime was covered.










Hopefully my pictures are worth a thousand words, because you really have to see this to really appreciate it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures!! You are getting really good at it. Keep it up.

Debbie said...

They are gorgeous hon and you did a great job capturing the beauty :)