Thursday, January 15, 2009

Skywatch Friday

Look! Up in the sky! Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? Oh! It is sunshine!
Something we haven't seen much of here lately!
I was so happy to see the sun, even though it was only
5 degrees out when I was taking photos!

Oh look! It is a bird!
I have silly guinea hens that roost in the trees,
and they don't seen to care about the cold.
This one was out all night while the rest of the guineas stayed in the barn.
Such foolish birds!




Make sure you take a moment a visit
to see more amazing photos of the sky from around the world!

12 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

Free range chickens! Say you sound like Martha Stewart! Bet those chickens and eggs are tasty.

Sylvia K said...

Really beautiful shots! Does look cold and we've had our share of that here in Seattle -- tired of it, but still makes for great pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Guy D said...

Fantastic winter shots, I must say your header photo is outstanding as well.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Mar-Bear said...

Very nice shots!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

CG: It has been a tough winter so far with it being -10 today. Stay warm and be glad to see the sun.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

happy friday berni.
i like your shots of the wonderful winter weather.
just had a dozen free range eggs delivered to me yesterday...love them.
have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Girl, I'm glad you got to see the sun, but gosh it looks freezing out there. Duh, it is.

It only made it up to 28 here with a starting temp of 8.

Beautiful shots of your sun and lots of snow which I want no part of....snow, that is.

ChickenGal said...

We have another 4 inches today! But I really miss the sun!

Enigma said...

Hey neighbor....I am far north of you, but close. Great shots. Thanks for sharing!

Pok Dell said...

A second pic, love the softness in it :)

SaraG said...

Great photo's. I have really enjoyed my visit to your blog!
Take care and Happy SWF

RJ Flamingo said...

Oh, I love that last one with the sun shining through the trees!

Is the restaurant you were thinking of, The Rusty Pelican? Great place!