Friday, January 23, 2009

SKYWATCH FRIDAY


Welcome to SkyWatch Friday

This week's entries were hard to choose. I had
two photos that really inspired me.
The first one is a sunset photo. We have been
under the clouds for days on end here, and this
was the first glimps of the sky I had seen in days.


The second is the icicles that have been forming off the roof line.
I was under these looking up toward the sky.
They are becoming massive in length and size, and they can
become dangerous if they fall on your head, so of course
I got under them to look up through them!


For more sky pictures, visit
http://skyley.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are beautiful photos. I used to live in Ohio and miss the snow so much. I bet you're tired of it though!!

Guy D said...

Great shots, I must also commend you on your header photo, outstanding.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

The Gathering Room said...

Lovely photos! the icicles remind me of looking our my folks back window in the winter months...the sun would glisten on them ...a great picture! Cindy

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

CG: Sometimes you have to do starge and brave things to get the best shot.

Mojo said...

Some very serious looking icicles you got there! But you gotta get that shot... it's a moral imperative. Thanks for risking so much to bring it to us!

And I love your blog title!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Got to say it these are cool, especially the icicles.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I like both, too. The sky is pretty, and the icicles are cool. In fact they make me shiver!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

Your skywatch photos are nice. I am familiar with the icicles hanging down. Some of ours get so big they look like pointed barrels so we knock them down less some person or animal is pinned to the ground.

I enjoyed your blog and the remodel project.

You also have a nice looking "farm" and the house setting back with the tree on the right side is neat. Also like the woods behind the house. Would love to live in a place like that with that proximity to wildlife.

I live in Brookville, Ohio on I-70 close to Richmond, IN.

Adrienne Zwart said...

Oh, I love the icicles shot. I've been trying to photograph them from the right perspective in an effort to capture a dramatic image. I haven't tried standing underneath them, though. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.