Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Bithday to ME!

What is the best way to spend your 5oth birthday? Well I have a swell DIL Tiffany and a super BFF Gail. And they planned and executed the biggest surprise luncheon for me with all my girlfriends! NO BOYS ALLOWED! It was so great. And I was surprised!!!!!
I have been running crazy, getting everything in order here at the house before I go for the shoulder surgery Wednesday. I didn't even think about the BDay. Then we had the running around to Dr's for Mick and his torn ACL. I haven't had one minute to think. Gail asked me several times, what I was doing for the big day and I said getting my hair colored and going for PreAm testing. Never even thought they would do something like this!
Gail swooped down and picked me up at the house just after 1pm. I had been cleaning all morning and she wanted me to run over to Tiff's and have her proof a paper for Alison and then take Alison for dessert. I cleaned furiously all morning after the guys left for the Steam Tractor Show in Wellington. Then I cleaned myself up and put on some decent clothes and pulled my grey hair back. I didn't even paint my face....why, I thought, I was just going to Tiff's and out to dessert with them...they have seem me at my worst...... NEVER did I think that there would be a SURPRISE party waiting for me.
As Gail flew around the corner on Stone Road, Tiff's house came into sight and I saw cars lined up the drive, It wasn't until I saw a porch full of girlfriends, did I realize what they had planned.
Along with my girlfriends, my mom and my favorite aunts....we enjoyed a luscious lunch of chicken salad croissants, veggies, dips, cheeses and a wonderful assortment of cakes and desserts. Of course there were presents too! The day was blessed with beautiful weather and we sat on the porches and enjoyed each others company.
I am sorry to say that I don't have any pics for this post. Tiff has them on her camera and my friend Annette has them on her camera, so they will follow later.
And when I said no boys allowed, well they showed up after the party to eat the leftovers, and they were even in on all the planning for the party. You know paybacks are .........

Well, that was my excitement for the weekend.
And now I enter that 50 age range...... ahh yes, 50 is the new 40 right ? Tell that to my body and it's aches and pains!

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

The pictures of your surprise party were wonderful! I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday.

Angie