Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Day in the Garden cont......






OOOPS, sorry, no text with the photos, new blogger mistake. Well I got the new camera, so I included the experimental gardening projects I have attempted this year. Tomatoes on a Bucket, Potatoes in a Bag, (regular and sweet potatoes) and Straw Bale Gardening. All seem to be successful. The last picture is of the new peeps. I could only take one picture because the hens are hiding them.These new peeps will go to my sister in Milan,OH. She has a grub and mole problem, and she heard that the chickens will eat the grubs and then the moles will move on to someone else's yard. So as soon as she gets her chicken house built, off they go. I also did a lot of container gardening with the annuals. i could add splashes of color without doing whole flower beds. The flowerbeds are mostly perrennials now.

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

You got a new camera?! That's awesome. I love your container gardening...it looks beautiful!